As you go through your day, look for opportunities to do something nice for someone. Be random. Be kind to someone you know. Be kind to a total stranger. Let yourself go. Then watch what happens. A Random Kind Act will have an impact on that someone. Just as amazing, a Random Kind Act will have an impact on YOU.
Here are some ideas...
- Put a quarter in a parking meter that has expired
- Give a lottery ticket to a stranger
- Compliment a stranger sincerely
- Cut coupons out and leave them at the register for others
- Drop a few coins in an area where children play, where they can easily find them
- Write a note of appreciation to your mailman
- Write a note to someone who has treated you nice while doing their job (waiter, clerk, sales person, etc.)
- Cut an article out of the newspaper that would interest a friend and mail it to them
- Leave "Have a nice day" stickers at a front desk
- Start a conversation up with a co-worker that you don't know
- Leave something cheery or nice for your co-workers (fun post-its, fun office supplies, candy, etc.)
- Put change in a row of vending machines
- Put something you no longer need on Craig's for free
- Put a comment on someone's webpage that you really like... let them know you enjoy it"